To Create a Folder
1. Navigate to the subsite or home page.
2. Click on the library option located on the Generic toolbar. (image)
3. Click on the Add option. (image)
4. Enter the details. Specify the Title, URL and description of the folder. The name and description fields should reflect the purpose of the folder.(image)
5. Click on the Next tab.(image)
6. Add the Metadata fields. Select Metadata to allow tagging of content within this folder.(image)
7. Select the folder view from the list.(image)
- Automatically Detect (Default)
Detects the best option from the list based on the majority of items in the folder. If there isn't a majority, then mixed content is used.
Defaults to list view, with the columns; Title, Last modified By, Last Modified, Type & Size.
Defaults to tile view. List view has the columns; Title, Last Modified By, Last Modified, Type, Size & Resolution
Defaults to tile view. List view has the columns; Title, Last Modified By, Last Modified, Type, Size, Duration & Resolution
- iD CMS Pages
Defaults to list view, with the columns; Title, Last Updated In, Last Modified By and Last Modified.
- Mixed Content
Defaults to list view, with the columns; Title, Last Updated In, Last Modified By, Last Modified, Type & Size.
8. Select the security for the folder being created. Security tells about who can read, modify and delete the folder as well as its content. Click here for more information on security levels.(link to another page)(image)
9. Click on the next tab. (image)
10. The user can also add or remove owners in the owner column. (image)
11. If the user wants to go back and make changes, then click on the Previous tab otherwise click on Create to finally create the folder. (image)
Editing a Folder
- Navigate to the folder which has to be edited.
- Once at the folder, select Actions from the Editing Toolbar.(image)
- Select Edit Folder.(image)
- The Edit Folder popup is initiated allowing updates to Details including; Title, URL, Description, #Channels, @Mentions, Metadata, Advanced Settings including; Folder View, Security, Owners.Select the tab to update and then the relevant section.(image)
- Once changes have been made select the OK button located at the bottom of the popup.(image)